Length: 6 - 8 hours
This one day interactive class is designed to improve knowledge of basic EKG rhythms. There will be time for practice with case studies of EKG rhythm strips to enhance application into the clinical setting. This also details the nursing responsibilities and first line treatments for common dysrhythmias.
- At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the normal conduction system of the heart
- Understand the pathophysiology of the heart in relation to cardiac arrhythmias
- Utilize a systematic approach for interpreting basic EKG rhythms, both lethal and non-lethal
- Practice the systematic approach for basic EKG rhythm interpretation to include labeling waveforms and measuring intervals of EKG rhythm strips to diagnose arrhythmias