Instructor: Carolyn McKenzie
Length: 3 - 4 hours
This course will review the development of cardiovascular disease in people with type 2 diabetes and describe how to address the problem of prevention and education in your patient population.
- At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the risk factors for cardiovascular disease in people with type 2 diabetes
- Review guidelines for treatment of risk factors from the ADA and AHA.
- Discuss the treatments currently being used to prevent the progression of cardiovascular disease in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Apply knowledge of risk factors in the education of the patient with type 2 diabetes in recognizing the risk of cardiovascular disease.