Instructor: Carolyn McKenzie
Length: 6 hours
This program provides a basic overview of patient centered diabetes care for nurses in hospital and community-based care facilities.
- At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe current ADA Standards of Care for Persons with Diabetes and apply them to their practice.
- Discuss the relationship between diabetes and cardiovascular complications.
- Create teaching and monitoring plans for cardiovascular complications in persons with diabetes.
- Discuss new approaches to medical nutritional therapy and pharmacology in persons with diabetes.