Instructor: Catherine Ingram Fogel, Regina McCarthy
Length: 6 Hours
This workshop will provide timely information about health issues related to perimenopause and menopause in women with a focus on indications, benefits and risks of various types of hormone replacement therapy. At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss current societal views of midlife women.
- Identify major health risks for midlife and older women.
- Describe symptoms and signs of perimenopause/menopause and their relationship to changing hormonal status
- Discuss appropriate history, physical assessment, screening and diagnostic tests important in health of midlife women and how to manage symptoms
- Identify risk factors, prevenative measures, diagnosis and management of osteoporosis.
RNs and other healthcare providers who work with women who are approaching mid-life, and women dealing with the challenges of menopause/midlife.