Length: One-day class
This class will provide indepth discussion of the assessment and treatment of adults with hypertension (HTN) and chronic heart failure (CHF). Emphasis will be placed on evidence-based practice with a thorough discussion of the current clinical practice guidelines for treatment of each disease state discussed.
- At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Review key aspects to include in history taking and physical assessment of patients with HTN and CHF
- Review the key nursing assessments essential for caring for patients with HTN and CHF.
- Discuss pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatment strategies for HTN and CHF as indicated by evidence-based treatment guidelines
- Discuss the impact of comorbidities in the treatment of HTN and CHF
- Discuss diagnostic testing and general medical management of patients with HTN and CHF
- Discuss nursing priorities and patient education in the overall care of patients with HTN and CHF