Instructor: Tom Bush
Length: 3 hours
This program focuses on the identification and treatment of common musculoskeletal conditions that respond well to local corticosteroid injection. Participants will carry out a focused musculoskeletal examination and will review common diagnostic tests that are used to evaluate musculoskeletal complaints. The program will incorporate a multimodal approach to treatment that includes local injection, recommendations for physical therapy and pharmacologic treatment.
- At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify common musculoskeletal conditions amenable to local corticosteroid injection
- Perform focused physical exam to diagnose intra-articular and soft tissue conditions of the hand, shoulder, hip and knee.
- List specialized tests used in the evaluation of common musculoskeletal complaints.
- Describe signs of osteoarthritis on a plain radiograph
- Discuss the value of a multimodal approach to treatment including injection, physical therapy and pharmacologic treatment.
- Perform musculoskeletal injections in a simulated environment.