Instructor: Tom Bush
Length: 1.5 hours
This lecture with question/answer period will discuss four common environmental hazards common in North Carolina. Topics that will be covered include skin cancer, tick-borne disease, snake bite and spider bite. Content includes treatment priorities and prevention strategies for above.
- At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Advise clients about the hazards of overexposure to ultraviolet light
- Identify snake bite envenomation and initiate early treatment
- Recognize symptoms of tick-borne disease and identify the need for therapy
- Identify potentially dangerous spiders and characteristics of spider bite.
- Describe prevention strategies for these environmental illnesses common in North Carolina