All graduates of the UNC Chapel Hill School of Nursing are automatically members of the SON Alumni Association. Today, the Association has more than 8,800 members, hundreds of which participate actively in the Association’s events and activities.
The Association is overseen by a board of directors and is administered by an executive director. The Board meets annually to plan the year’s activities and to manage the requests for student support.
Among the initiatives carried out annually by the Association are:
- Scholarship support for four outstanding students
- Gifts to all graduating BSN, MSN and PhD students
- Sponsorship of welcome breakfasts for new students
- Management of an annual alumni awards program
- Sponsorship of an undergraduate exam review break
- Alumni Day reunion events
- Provides discounted regional continuing education to alumni
- Assists in reunion planning
We hope you will keep updated about these and other SON news by reading Carolina Nursing, our magazine for alumni and friends. The magazine is a free publication that features interesting and informative stories on alumni, faculty and students of the School. If you are not receiving it, please update your mailing information with us by using the Alumni Information Form or contact us at (919) 966-4619 or email@example.com.
Be sure to check out the UNC General Alumni Association homepage, too, for updates on all UNC alumni activities and events.