All graduates of the UNC-CH School of Nursing are automatically members of the SON Alumni Association. Today, the Association has more than 6,000 members, hundreds of which participate actively in the Association’s events and activities.
The Association is overseen by a board of directors and is administered by an executive director. The Board meets annually to plan the year’s activities and to manage the requests for student support.
Among the initiatives carried out annually by the Association are:
- Scholarship support for four outstanding students
- Gifts to all graduating BSN, MSN and Ph.D. students
- Sponsorship of welcome breakfasts for new students
- Management of an annual alumni awards program
- Sponsorship of an undergraduate exam review break
- Alumni Day reunion events
- Provides discounted regional continuing education to alumni
- Assists in reunion planning
For more information about these activities, please visit our Calendar of Events. Also, you can find out about the career enriching opportunities offered by the Continuing Education Program by visiting their Calendar of Events.
We hope you will keep updated about these and other SON events and items of interest by reading over Carolina Nursing, our magazine for alumni and friends. The magazine is a free publication published three times a year that features interesting and informative stories on alumni, faculty and students of the School. If you are not receiving it, please update your mailing information with us by using the Alumni Information Form or call us at (919) 966-4619.
Be sure to check out the UNC General Alumni Association homepage, too, for updates on all UNC alumni activities and events.