Graduate Programs: Grade Appeal/Grade Change

Increase font size
Decrease font size

Grade Appeals

Course grades of H, P, L, F, and F* are permanent grades. Students have the option of formally appealing a permanent grade. Before filing an appeal for a grade, the student must address her or his concerns to the instructor who assigned the grade.

For an appeal to be considered, the student must follow the process outlined in the Graduate School Handbook.

Please NOTE: Graduate students must submit a written grade appeal and statement to the Program Director  no later than the end of the 3rd week of the next regularly scheduled enrollment period.

Grade Changes

If an arithmetic or clerical error is detected, the instructor shall initiate a change of grade form for approval of the appropriate program director and approval of the Dean of the Graduate School. For more details, please see the Graduate School Handbook.