The following process will be followed for students seeking approval for a second major or minor:
- Student self-identifies and is referred to the Undergraduate Program Director (UGPD).
- UGPD meets with the student to discuss details of the request.
- UGPD analyzes the request with assistance from the School Registrar to determine:
- student’s current academic standing in nursing (on SON probation?);
- number of remaining courses to achieve the second major/minor (student generally provides this information);
- feasibility of taking the required course(s) without compromising the nursing major, including the requirements to attend all nursing classes and clinical; and
- student’s ability to meet the requirements of the second major or minor within the first eight semesters and without extending the nursing program of study.
- UGPD approves/disapproves the request and notifies the School Registrar.
- School Registrar notifies the student and sends a letter to the Dean, College of Arts and Sciences indicating approval of second major and/or minor.
Approved by Baccalaureate Executive Committee, November 19, 2012