At the end of the PhD Program students are expected to demonstrate the following terminal objectives:
- Demonstrate substantive expertise in health care systems or an aspect of prevention and/or management of health conditions.
- Evaluate, critique, and synthesize research conducted in nursing and related disciplines.
- Understand and utilize multiple modes of inquiry in the design and conduct of nursing research.
- Use conceptual models and theories from nursing or related disciplines to design and implement nursing studies.
- Conduct research in a culturally competent manner using appropriate design and analysis techniques.
- Demonstrate scientific integrity and the protection of human subjects in the design, conduct and analysis of research studies.
- Translate research findings through multiple modes of dissemination for the purposes of improving health and health care systems.