A Travel Authorization (TA) is necessary for all travel by all faculty.
- When possible, the TA should be completed 1Â½ to 2 weeks before departure; if an advance for registration is being submitted, the TA should be submitted 2-3 weeks in advance of departure.
- The following is needed for a TA: departure and return dates (and hours), destination and purpose of the trip, mode of travel, cost of lodging, cost of registration, request for advance funds (if any), social security number and home address.
- Within 10 days of return from a trip, all original receipts associated with the travel should be submitted to the division staff.
- All faculty will be issued a Diner’s Club Card (check with Division staff) for UNC-CH travel upon request.
- Diner’s Card is to be used for expenses other than advance registration and has a 2 month payoff to allow for reimbursement of funds from the University to occur (if applicable).
Faculty Travel Fund
Travel awards may be granted through requests to the Carrington Travel Committee.