Do you qualify for benefits?
1. Are you a permanent employee? If so, then please skip down to #3.
2. Are you a temporary employee? If so, then stop here, you do notqualify for benefits.
3. If you’re FTE is between 50% -74%, you are eligible to apply for certain benefits, but you will have to pay the full premium. Even if you do not want to sign up for benefits, the University Benefits Department needs for you to go on-line and sign off that you have seen the benefit policies.
4. If you’re FTE is 75% or higher, you are eligible to apply for all benefits
To sign up for BENEFITS, you will need a user name and password, which can be obtained from the EPA Coordinator at SON Human Resources at 966-5499. Once you have a user name and password, please go to the following website: www.newemployeeorientation.unc.edu to begin this process.
Please read carefully before beginning the online benefit orientation:
- After logging in, you should make every attempt to complete orientation in its entirety. Please allow approximately 90 minutes for completion. If you logout before completion, you will have to start orientation over from the beginning. Please complete and submit the Employee Sign-Off form before logging out to indicate that you have taken and completed online orientation.
- It is your responsibility to complete orientation and submit completed benefit enrollment forms no later than 30 days from your effective date of hire. Failure to submit the completed benefits enrollment forms within 30 days may result in: ineligibility for benefits and/or additional waiting periods, or the need for additional documentation, depending on the benefit.
- Please submit all original copies of your forms to the Benefit Program Administration Office, and keep a copy for your records. The Benefit Program Administration Office is located at 104 Airport Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1045. The campus box number is 1045.