Welcome to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School Of Nursing!
Please complete these required forms:
- Please read and complete each form. Each form is required to have an original signature and date. Return all completed and signed original forms to : SPA Coordinator, School of Nursing, CB# 7460 112 Carrington Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7460.
UNIVERSITY AND SON COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Compliance requirements for all employees :
- HIPAA certification (should be completed 1 week from assignment of PID number or hire date).
- CPR Certification
- Health & Safety requirements
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Disruptive Conduct Position Statement
- Continuing employment requirements
- Compliance requirements for partial or fully funded grant funded positions :
- ECRT System (formerly PARS report) explanation:
- You will receive a ECRT System reminder (quarterly), which shows distribution of all your funding sources by percentage(%) for anyone who is paid from a contract and grant account (whether 100% or part-time). You will need to verify the funding sources, percentages, sign and return the PARS report to Charlene Alston in Room 103.
- Note : If you are part-time, the ECRT System report will represent 100% of your part-time percent.
Example : If you are paid at 75% effort, then your percent effort would show that you were paid 100% of your 75% effort.
- All grant funded employess are required to complete the human subjects education and have an OSR certificate added to their project folder in the IRB office.
Login to ECRT at: https://ecrt.unc.edu
- SON funding agreement
- Important BENEFITS Information (Not for Temporary Employees).
- Liability Insurance – The School requires enrollment in a professional liability insurance plan of each faculty/staff member who engages in interviewing, teaching or rendering nursing care, supervising students and/or clinical research in a hospital setting. Undergraduate Faculty who teach or supervise students in hospital settings are covered under the School’s blanket liability policy that covers undergraduate students. Nonetheless, individual liability coverage is strongly recommended.
- If you need access to the UNC Hospitals CIS computer system or a UNC Hospital photo ID badge please contact your Divison Manager.
- Completing Time Sheets, Coding leave on timesheets and Maintaining Leave Balances
The Office of Administrative Services provides support for human resources, accounting services, and facilities management to our faculty, staff and students of the School of Nursing.
We want to make sure that you have reviewed all the information that has been presented here. So after you review everything, fill in your name in the space below and hit the “Reviewed” button.
- SON Parking Policy (for permanent employees only)
- ONE Card information
- University Holidays
- SON Organizational Chart
OFFICE OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
Here is some information to assist you with our orientation to the School of Nursing. It is very important to go through the information presented below. Feel free to take a print-out of anything that is presented here. Also, if you have any questions please feel free to contact staff at 966-4267.
- A quick overview regarding contact information, paychecks, keys, parking, etc.
- Visit our Website, for more detailed information and helpful related sites.