Welcome to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School Of Nursing!
We are delighted you have joined us and look forward to working with you. The following are required forms and valuable information you will need to know as a member of the SON. Please go through these items as part of your orientation and come back to access it anytime afterward when you need a refresher on specific information.
Please review and complete these required forms. Each form must have an original signature and date. Return all completed original forms to: School of Nursing – HR Manager, CB# 7460, Room 112 Carrington Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7460.
UNIVERSITY AND SON COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Compliance requirements for all employees :
- HIPAA certification (should be completed 1 week from assignment of PID number or hire date).
- CPR Certification
- Health & Safety requirements
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Disruptive Conduct Position Statement
- Continuing employment requirements
- Compliance requirements for faculty and staff who have access to student information:
FERPA training is required before a faculty member can be activated in ConnectCarolina and given access to their course information such as class rosters.
click here for FERPA training: http://registrar.unc.edu/training/ferpa/ferpa-instructions/
- Compliance requirements for partial or fully funded grant funded positions :
- ECRT System (formerly PARS report) explanation:
- You will receive a ECRT System reminder (quarterly), which shows distribution of all your funding sources by percentage(%) for anyone who is paid from a contract and grant account (whether 100% or part-time). You will need to verify the funding sources, percentages, sign and return the PARS report to Charlene Alston in Room 103.
- Note : If you are part-time, the ECRT System report will represent 100% of your part-time percent.
Example : If you are paid at 75% effort, then your percent effort would show that you were paid 100% of your 75% effort.
- All grant funded employess are required to complete the human subjects education and have an OSR certificate added to their project folder in the IRB office.
Login to ECRT at: https://ecrt.unc.edu
- SON funding agreement
- Important BENEFITS Information (Not for Temporary Employees).
- Liability Insurance – The School requires enrollment in a professional liability insurance plan of each faculty/staff member who engages in interviewing, teaching or rendering nursing care, supervising students and/or clinical research in a hospital setting. Undergraduate Faculty who teach or supervise students in hospital settings are covered under the School’s blanket liability policy that covers undergraduate students. Nonetheless, individual liability coverage is strongly recommended.
- If you need access to the UNC Hospitals CIS computer system or a UNC Hospital photo ID badge please contact your Divison Manager.
- Completing Time Sheets, Coding leave on timesheets and Maintaining Leave Balances
The Office of Administrative Services provides support for human resources, accounting services, and facilities management to our faculty, staff and students of the School of Nursing.
We want to make sure that you have reviewed all the information that has been presented here. So after you review everything, fill in your name in the space below and hit the “Reviewed” button.
- SON Parking Policy (for permanent employees only)
- ONE Card information
- University Holidays
- SON Organizational Chart
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 966-4267.
- A quick overview regarding contact information, paychecks, keys, parking, etc.
- Visit our Website, for more detailed information and helpful related sites.