Welcome to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School Of Nursing!
We are delighted you have joined us and look forward to working with you. The following information lists required documents we need to complete your faculty appointment as well as some valuable information you will need to know as a faculty member of the SON. Please go through these items as part of your orientation. Feel free to come back to access it anytime afterward when you need a refresher on specific information.
Please review and complete these required forms. Each form must have an original signature and date. Return all completed original forms to: School of Nursing – HR Manager, CB# 7460, Room 108 Carrington Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7460.
UNIVERSITY AND School of Nursing COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Compliance requirements for all employees :
- HIPAA certification (should be completed 1 week from assignment of PID number or hire date).
- CPR Certification
- Health & Safety requirements
- Overview of Initial and Continuing employment requirements
- SON Guidelines for Professional Malpractice Coverage
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Disruptive Conduct Position Statement
- Compliance requirements for faculty and staff who have access to student information:
FERPA training is required before a faculty member can be activated in ConnectCarolina and given access to their course information such as class rosters.
click here for FERPA training: http://registrar.unc.edu/training/ferpa/ferpa-instructions/
- Compliance requirements for partial or fully funded grant positions :
ECRT System (Effort Certification)
- If any part of your pay is from a grant account, you will receive an ECRT reminder via email on a semi annual basis. The email will contain a link to the ECRT website (https://ecrt/unc/edu) which will require you to login using your Onyen userid and password. Once you login, your ECRT record will show the distribution of all your salary funding sources by percentage(%). You will need to verify the funding sources and percentages, then approve your record.
- Note : If you are part-time, the ECRT system will represent 100% of your part-time FTE.
Example : If you paid at .75 FTE, then your percent effort would show that you were paid 100% of your .75 FTE.
- All grant funded employees are required to complete the human subjects education and have an OSR certificate added to their project folder in the IRB office.
insurance – IMPORTANT !
- Permanent employees click here to sign up for BENEFITS (Not for Temporary Employees)
- Liability Insurance – The School requires enrollment in a professional liability insurance plan of each faculty/staff member who engages in interviewing, teaching or rendering nursing care, supervising students and/or clinical research in a hospital setting. Undergraduate Faculty who teach or supervise students in hospital settings are covered under the School’s blanket liability policy that covers undergraduate students. Nonetheless, individual liability coverage is strongly recommended.
- If you need access to the UNC Hospitals CIS computer system or a UNC Hospital photo ID badge please contact your Divison Manager.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the School of Nursing Human Resources Office at (919) 966-9943.
Parking (for permanent employees only)
- Parking applications are completed at the end of the spring semester (May) for the upcoming academic year (approx. dates are Aug. 15th – Aug. 14th). For general information and parking availability, please contact the SON Parking Coordinator, Charlene Womble, 966-9943, firstname.lastname@example.org, Carrington Hall room 108. To review the SON parking policy please click here: Parking Policy. All new employees should complete the following form which allows the Parking Coordinator to allocate permits in a fair and equitable manner: Parking Form.
- Special Parking – Visitor parking permits are available for University guests and should be reserved by contacting the SON Parking Coordinator, Charlene Womble, 966-9943, email@example.com, Carrington Hall room 108. Reservations should be made at least 24 hours in advance. Visitor permits must be returned at the time the visitor departs and no later than 5pm. If the permit is needed past 5pm, it must be returned by 8am the following morning.
- ONE Card information
- Staff typically receive a paycheck every other Friday except when Fridays are holidays in which case paychecks are received prior to the holiday. If your start date is after the first day of a pay period, there is a possibility that your first paycheck will be delayed due to payroll deadlines. To access your paystub, click on the link https://connectcarolina.unc.edu/, select “Login to ConnectCarolina (faculty, staff and alumni).” Use your Onyen to log in, and click on the “SelfService” tab on the left. Select “View Paycheck” to view and print your most recent paystub.
- Biweekly Pay Schedule
- University Holidays
- Academic Calendar
- Time Information Management system (TIM) to record leave used – for 12 month employees only
- SON Organizational Chart
- Building Services and Amenities
- Room reservations can be made through the University’s InfoPorte system. The system allows users to access individual room schedules, view the room/amenities, and request a reservation by:
1) Accessing the following web link: https://infoporte.unc.edu/. Use your ONYEN to login.2) Click on “Tools” in the upper right corner of the screen and then click on the “Reservations” tab.3) Find the “Name” of the room you are interested in reserving (i.e. Carrington 1600). You can check the schedule or view the room description by clicking on the appropriate link.4) When you are ready to request a reservation, click on the “Name” of the room and the email request form will appear. Once you “submit” the request form, your reservation will be emailed to SON Rooms. You will receive an email confirmation once the reservation is finalized.
- Keys are issued on an employees first day of work by the SON Facilities Manager, Sam Deal, 966-1698, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After hours building access is granted by the SON Facilities Manager, Sam Deal, 966-1698, email@example.com. You must use your ONE Card to access Carrington Hall after hours.
- Visit our Website, for more detailed information and helpful related sites.
We want to make sure that you have reviewed all the information that has been presented here. So after you review everything, fill in your name in the space below and hit the “Reviewed” button.