Anna Beeber, PhD, RN
Associate Professor with tenure
Phone: (919) 843-9489
Specialty Area: Gerontology
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
School of Nursing
Carrington Hall, CB #7460
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7460
Dr. Beeber has been funded by the John A. Hartford Foundation Building Academic Geriatric Nursing Capacity Pre and Post-doctoral Programs, NINR, AHRQ, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women’s Health Institutional K12 Program (BIRCWH) to conduct various projects improving the quality of care in long-term care settings, including the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly, nursing homes, and residential care/assisted living.
Dr. Beeber is currently working with her interdisciplinary colleagues on several projects, including a quality improvement program to reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescribing in long-term care settings (AHRQ), an intervention to help family caregivers of older adults with Alzheimer’s Disease manage medical illnesses (NINR R01), and a national study of nurse and direct care worker staffing, service availability, and resident outcomes in residential care/assisted living (Robert Wood Johnson Nurse Faculty Scholars Program). Her current interests include the LPN workforce in long-term care and projects aimed at improving the quality of care in long-term care settings.
Dr. Beeber is currently accepting students (of all levels), and post-doctoral fellows interested in gerontological nursing and long-term care research.
- 2013-present Fellow, Health Sciences Section, Gerontological Society of America
- 2012-present Awardee, Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program, Health Resources and Services Administration
- 2011 Alumnus of the Year, Department of Nursing, Hartwick College, Oneonta, NY
- 2010 Gordon H. DeFriese Career Development in Aging Research Award, Institute on Aging, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 2007 First place, Post-Doctoral Paper Category, 4th Annual Aging Exchange, Institute on Aging, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 2006-2008 Awardee, Clinical Research Loan Repayment Program, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health.
- 2005 Dean’s Award, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- 2005 Alumni Student Award, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- 2001 Xi Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society in Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- 1998 Nightingale Society Honors, Department of Nursing, Hartwick College, Oneonta, NY
Complete List of Published Work in MyBibliography: