Christina Leonard, RN, MSN, FNP-bc, CNL
Phone: (919) 966-8570
Specialty Area: Adult Health
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
School of Nursing
Carrington Hall, CB #7460
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7460
Christina Leonard, APRN, MSN, FNP-C, CNL is a family nurse practitioner and assistant professor who teaches in the undergraduate and graduate programs. She received her bachelor’s degree and MSN in Nursing Education from George Mason University and later returned for her Post-Master's Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Christina is also certified as a Clinical Nurse Leader. She coordinates Adult Health I (N364) and Adult Health II (N591) in the Undergraduate Program. Additionally, she has worked in the Graduate program in N865, one of the CNL courses.
Christina has practiced since 2012 as a Nurse Practitioner in inpatient cardiology. Christina's research interests include cardiology, patient advocacy, innovations in education, and instrument development.
- 2014 Recipient of Faculty Academic Excellence Award
- 2003-present Golden Key National Honor Society
- 2006-present Sigma Theta Tau
- 2003-present Emergency Nurses Association
- 2003-present National League of Nursing
LICENSURES and CERTIFICATIONS
- Family Nurse Practitioner license in NC
- Registered Nurse License in North Carolina
- Clinical Nurse Leader Certification 2012-present
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, 2002-present
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, 2003-present
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support, 2004-present
- Trauma Nursing Core Course 2004-2008
Articles in Refereed Journals
Leonard, C. (2009). Emergency Department Overcrowding: Recommendations for facilitating patient flow. Journal of Emergency Nursing. Manuscript submitted for publication.
Leonard, C., January 2005, Emergency room nurses role in neurological emergencies, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC.
Leonard, C., October 2004, Update on Nursing care for patients with peritoneal dialysis, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC