Welcome to the nursing programs at UNC-Chapel Hill School of Nursing!
We value the contributions of time and expertise provided by preceptors in the education of our students. The partnership between nursing school faculty, preceptors, and students is essential for educating the next generation of BSN and MSN nurses. Preceptors are a critical member of our teaching team!
Purpose of Preceptor Corner:
This website provides preceptor development resources to help preceptors make the most of their teaching experiences with our students and faculty. Click on any of the links for more information.
Are you interested in serving as preceptor?
If you are not yet partnering with us, we invite you to share your expertise, enthusiasm and joy of teaching with our students.
What you receive:
- Electronic access to the AHEC Digital Library and UNC Health Sciences Library resources (including UpToDate)
- Potential adjunct faculty appointment with the School of Nursing
- Continuing education hours for credentialing and licensure
- Opportunity to
- improve your clinical, communication and teaching skills
- reflect on and evaluate your own practice
- stay current and revitalized as a health care professional
- improve your teaching skills
- shape the next generation of nursing professionals
- serve as a role model for your teaching ability and professionalism
- improve your ability to be considered for promotion or advancement in your workplace
- experience the personal satisfaction of giving back to the health care community
For questions, please contact:
Undergraduate Level: Hilary Mendel, MSN, RN, 919-966-5299
Instructor, Undergraduate Clinical Site Coordinator