Length: Program length in hours: 4 to 6.5 based on educational needs.
This class will help health care providers develop the basic skills needed to write a compelling educational or programmatic grant application to private or public funding agencies. Participants will gain better insight into the process of writing a grant from developing an idea and making plans for writing a grant to writing and submitting the proposal.
At the end of this program participants will be able to:
1. Define commonly used grant related terms.
2. Explain how to find grant funding opportunities
3. Discuss planning considerations before writing a grant.
4. Articulate tips for writing compelling grant applications.
5. Recognize common mistakes when writing grants and discuss strategies to prevent or correct them.
RNs and members of other health disciplines