This day long workshop will provide preceptors, managers, and educators with the basic information to work effectively with new employees, including new graduates. Content will include the role of preceptors, adult learning principles, strategies to enhance competency development, and basics for assessing learning needs, planning activities and evaluation of learners and activities.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss adult learning principles and how they influence planning educational activities
- Identify the primary roles served by preceptors and their importance to employee retention
- Describe competency development models and how they relate to orientation programs
- Explore strategies for assessing learner needs and planning programs
- Explain the process of program and learner evaluation
Preceptors, Managers, and Clinical Educators