- *Ferris L, Brown L. Ten year follow-up study: nurse refresher program. Journal of Continuing Education
in Nursing. September/October 1992.
- Landsberger B, Ferris L, Wiser B, Bedo L. Meeting of the Minds. Conference Report. November 1988. Legislative Brief to NC Legislature, February 1989.
- Ferris L (ed.). Proceedings: Nursing Shortage and Declining Enrollment: Strategies for Change by the
Profession. March 7-8 1988.
- *Ferris L. Continuing education model for developing staff skills in precepting and staff development. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. February 1988.
- Ferris L, Landsberger B (eds), Proceedings: Second Gerontology Conference: Urgently Needed Policy for
Coordinating Services for the Elderly. September 1987.
- Landsberger B, Ferris L (eds). Proceedings: First Gerontology Conference: Shortening Long Term Care. September 1986.
- *Murphy N, Ferris L, O’Leary P. Data based approach to continuing education. Journal of Continuing
Education in Nursing. March/April 1982.
- *Ferris L, Pierce S. Evaluation for change. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. January/February 1982.
- Ferris L, et al. Comprebensive Curriculum in Cardiac Care. School of Nursing, University of North
Carolina. Spring 1981.
- *Ferris L. Cardiac preceptor model: access to learning by nurses in rural communities. Journal of
Continuing Education in Nursing. January/February 1980.
- Adult Health Assessment Programs for NC Public Health Nurses. Subcontract with NC-DEHNR, Division of
Adult Health Promotion, Funding $18,500 (1993) and $101,483 (1993-1994).
- Training Public Health Nurses Involved in Early Childhood Interventions. Contract with NC-DEHNR,
Division of Mental Health, Funding $15,000 (1992).
- Horne Care and Hospice Care Continuing Education Grant Proposal. 3 year project. Submitted to Kate B.
- Reynolds Heath Trust, October 1,1988. Funded December, 1988-1991, $262,681.
- Protective Services for the Elderly. Training program contract, NC Division of Social Services, one year,
$26,235. Extended funding to May, 1989.
- Grant Proposal: Geriatric Education Center. Joint project by UNC-CH Schools of Medicine, Nursing,
Dentistry, Pharmacy, Public Health and Social Work, Bureau of Health Professions, Health Resources
Services Administration, US DHHS. Funded October 1, 1985 for 3 years – $141,533. Completed
- North Carolina NCAST Project Grant. Kate B. Reynolds Health Care Trust, two year funding, $151,193.
- Co-investigators, Pat Jackson and Laurice Ferris. Submitted April 1, 1987. Approved, not funded.
- North Carolina NCAST Project. Council on Developmental Disabilities grant for operational funding. Funded for $4,200 June 1 1985 – May 31 1986.
- Evaluative Research: Efficacy and Effectiveness of Cardiovascular Nurse Specialty Program. 1978-1979,
completed fall, 1979. Publication: Evaluation for change. Journal of Continuing Education in
Nursing. January/February 1982.