Assistant Dean for Inclusive Excellence Shielda Rodgers has been appointed to the Diversity, Education and Inclusion Group (DEIG) of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). She was selected for this role by Dean Peragallo-Montano.
The goal of the DEIG is to align its efforts with the strategic diversity goals and objectives of AACN and the larger nursing community. The DEIG expects to achieve this goal through the execution of the following objectives:
1. Serve as a convening body to unite expertise, experience, and guidance for academic nursing in Leading Across Differences.
2. Collectively explore innovative approaches to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in academic nursing and the nursing workforce.
3. Support the efforts of AACN member institutions and academic nursing at the local, regional, and national levels to advance diversity and inclusion.
These efforts include, but are not limited to:
• Sharing evidence-based promising practices
• Engaging with the membership
• Providing consultative services
• Convening networking forums
Our thanks to Dr. Rodgers for her service and representation of the SON.