Mission & Values
Embrace Our Mission
The School of Nursing is an integral part of the University of North Carolina and endorses its commitment to excellence in scholarship in Teaching, Research and Service.
The mission of the School of Nursing is to:
- design and implement innovative educational programs for lifelong learning;
- create, conduct and disseminate cutting-edge research; and
- use our practice, expertise and service for the betterment of individuals, communities, health care systems, and the profession of nursing.
From our leadership in these areas, we will prepare the next generation of Carolina nurses to assume roles in interprofessional health care and interdisciplinary research environments.
Share Our Values
The School of Nursing has embraced the following Commitment to Community:
- Advancing the collective good of the Carolina Nursing community through honesty, responsibility and transparency
- Examining issues and concerns from multiple perspectives
- Treating others with kindness and compassion
- Being punctual, attentive and constructive during meetings and classes
- Honoring the roles and responsibilities of others
- Operating within designated roles and responsibilities
- Honoring the intrinsic value of every member of the Carolina Nursing community
- Hearing all opinions
- Involving stakeholders in making critical decisions
- Listening with the intent to understand
- Being direct, concise and constructive
- Honoring boundaries and trust
- Promoting positive, effective relationships
- Advocating for others