Health Clearance Protocol for Health Professions Students
Please note that as the COVID pandemic evolves, all guidance and protocols are subject to change. This protocol is effective as of August 2021.
All lectures will be recorded and be downloadable and available for students.
We understand that in Fall 2021 students’ course attendance may be affected by current COVID related health guidance. Recognizing this, all classes in all programs (BSN, ABSN, MSN, DNP, PhD) will be recorded and posted in the course Sakai site within 48 hours from when they were recorded. Recordings will be available through the end of the semester.
Clinical absences by students due to COVID will be handled in a manner similar to other-than-COVID absences. These established protocols include:
- Determination on an individual basis
- Missing a clinical day in the Undergraduate Program will necessitate the use of independent case studies that are aligned with course objectives.
- Case studies must turned in to clinical faculty prior to the next clinical day. Faculty will have 2-3 case studies ready to deploy.
- Ensuring clinical objectives are met may also mean that
- Students who miss more than 24 hours of clinical (2 -12 hour days or 3 or 4 – 6 to 8 hour days) meet with their course coordinator, clinical faculty, student, and possibly Lead Faculty/Assoc Dean to discuss if they are able to progress this semester
- Students who miss more than 2 on campus clinical lab days meet with the clinical faculty, course coordinator, and EISLE Director/staff to discuss if they are able to progress this semester.
- Missing a clinical day in one of the Graduate Programs (MSN/DNP) will result in rescheduling the time with the preceptor and agency at their convenience.
- An IN grade in a clinical management course in a sequential graduate clinical course must be removed by the end of the second week of the in Spring 2022 semester for the student to continue enrollment in the next nursing course in the sequence according to prerequisites as stated in the University Record.
- The PhD program will work with students on an individual basis.