Jamie Conklin, MLIS, has been named Nursing Librarian and Liaison to the School of Nursing at UNC-Chapel Hill. She officially joined the Health Sciences Library (HSL) team February 12, 2018.
HSL serves as an indispensable partner in connecting people with knowledge and information to advance health and health care. Director of the Health Sciences Library, Dr. Mani, says Jamie’s integration into the HSL team supports the library’s mission by means of her expertise in systematic reviews, research engagement and instruction to the UNC Health Affairs schools and UNC Health Care. Jamie comes to Chapel Hill from Duke Medical Center Library & Archives, where she served as the Research & Education Librarian and Liaison Librarian to the School of Nursing.
“I am excited to be part of the UNC community. I look forward to building on the many existing collaborations between the library and the UNC Health Affairs schools and UNC Health Care, as well as facilitating new ones,” said Jaime.
Jamie can assist health care professionals, like the nursing staff in UNC Hospitals and practitioners in clinical departments, like nephrology and anesthesiology, the following ways:
- Consult on information services and learning management systems
- Instruct how to select and use information tools and resources
- Manage research results and information assets for effective use
- Advise on information and data management, scholarly communications, and identify grant funding
As the Liaison to the School of Nursing, Jamie can collaborate with Nursing faculty and curriculum committees to integrate critical thinking, critical appraisal of the literature, and information and digital literacy:
- Participate in research teams to maximize quality and productivity
- Assist faculty in disseminating research and instructions
- Assess and fill needs for products, digital tools, guides, and content for research or educational purposes
Jamie earned her Master of Science in Library and information Studies at Florida State University. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Central Florida. She is the author and co-author of over 17 publications, and the recipient of numerous grants and awards.
To learn more about Jamie’s expertise, or to schedule a consultation with her, see guides.lib.unc.edu/jc