The School of Nursing partners with the NC Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) to provide continuing nursing education and training in communities throughout the state to meet the primary health care needs of North Carolinians.
Nine regional centers comprise the North Carolina AHEC system and are supported primarily by state and local funds. Each NC AHEC Program (Mountain, Northwest, Charlotte, Greensboro, Southern Regional, Wake, Area L, Eastern, and South Eastern) is staffed by an interdisciplinary faculty, including one or more nursing educators. Since the program’s beginning in 1972, nursing education and clinical training have been an integral part of its mission to expose nurses to new technology and innovative methods and models of professional nursing practice.
To Request a Program
- Select programs from our Program & Speaker Catalog. If you require additional assistance with identifying potential speakers or programs, please call the SON AHEC office at (919)966-3736 or email Annie Taft at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit Program Request Form below. After we confirm faculty availability, the SON AHEC office will provide the regional coordinator with the speaker’s contact information.
- After confirmation, please contact the faculty member directly to discuss details of the program, date and time. Please email this information to email@example.com.
- We will provide an Agreement to Provide an Educational Offering to be signed by the regional AHEC office, the speaker, and the SON AHEC Office. In order to confirm a program, the speaker and the regional AHEC Nurse Director/Coordinator both need to sign the agreement and return to the SON AHEC office prior to the scheduled program.
- Review the program guidelines for travel arrangement instructions, marketing requirements, enrollment, cancellation and postponement policies, as well as program closeout documentation.
AHEC Program Assistant