- The hosting regional AHEC manages all program presentation arrangements for speakers and requests the materials required for CE approval.
- If overnight lodging arrangements are required, the hosting regional AHEC and/or traveler must inform the SON AHEC office prior to making hotel reservations for UNC-faculty speakers.
- Regional AHECs should not pay for a hotel room for UNC-faculty if it is within AHEC/UNC and NC state guidelines. The UNC-faculty speaker must charge the hotel room to their T&E card or their own personal credit card and the SON AHEC office will provide reimbursement. Hotel rooms need to be booked as early as possible but no later than one (1) month prior to travel.
- All travel arrangements for Med-Air or Enterprise Rent-A-Car should be made through the SON AHEC Nursing office. Please contact mizzelle@.unc.edu. See full travel guidelines here.
- If faculty members travel by Med-Air, the hosting AHEC should provide ground transportation from the airport to the CPD site. Med-Air flights need to be booked one (1) month in advance.
- If speakers request the hosting AHEC to make travel arrangements for them, please refer them back to the SON AHEC office.
Please put the following statement on all marketing materials: “This program is being offered in cooperation with the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Nursing”.
- In general, the minimum enrollment is 15 participants in non-rural and 10 participants in rural areas. However, it may be possible to offer a program that is under-enrolled. Please contact the SON AHEC office prior to canceling any programs.
- If it is necessary to cancel or postpone a program, please notify the SON AHEC office a minimum of three days prior to the scheduled date and let us know why the change is necessary.
- For programs which occur prior to June 1st : Within one month of program completion, please send the SON AHEC office the following information:
- Program brochure
- CASCE event number and roster
- Composite faculty evaluations with any narrative comments
(Information requested is sometimes included on program brochure.)
- For programs scheduled after June 1st: It is essential that the information listed above is sent so that it arrives in the SON AHEC office no later than June 30th. If the SON AHEC office does not receive these materials by that date, our ability to count those program hours may be affected.