Ashley Leak Bryant is the new Chair of the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Leadership Development Committee. ONS is a professional association of more than 39,000 members, including more than 225 local chapters and advocates for oncology nurses at the national level. The Leadership Development Committee is consists of seven members who oversee all ONS leadership development initiatives. The objectives of the Leadership Development Committee are to:
- Identify potential and emerging leaders within the ONS membership
- Support and mentor members interested in national leadership
- Provide leadership and governance resources
- Recruit and slate candidates for the ONS Board of Directors
- Oversee the ONS Election process according to the operating procedures
Additionally, the Leadership Development Committee is an advocate of voting among our membership and continuously look for innovative ways to increase voting during our national elections.
She recently co-wrote an article with ONS President, Laura Fennimore DNP, RN, NEA-BC, focused on taking charge of your leadership skills. This information can be found at https://voice.ons.org/news-and-views/take-charge-of-developing-your-leadership-skills-with-the-ldc