October 23, 2013
The SON would like applaud faculty who were honored recently with prestigious awards and fellowships from the most preeminent professional nursing organizations in the country. Congratulations to:
- Beerstecher-Blackwell Term Professor and former Dean Linda Cronenwett, PhD, RN, FAAN, who received the 2013 American Academy of Nursing President’s Award.
- Professor Emerita Margaret Miles, RN, PhD, FAAN, who was named a Living Legend by the American Academy of Nurses.
- Professor Barbara Mark, PhD, RN, FAAN, who was given the Friends of the National Institute of Nursing Research Path-Paver Award.
- Clinical Professor G. Rumay Alexander, EdD, RN, Clinical Professor Carol Durham, EdD, RN, ANEF, and Associate Professor Suzanne Thoyre, PhD, RN for being inducted as Fellows into the American Academy of Nursing.
- Beerstecher-Blackwell Distinguished Scholar Sheila Santacroce, PhD, RN, APRN, CPNP for being inducted as a Fellow into the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.